Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mike's Birthday Present

Mike is more excited about his birthday this year than ever. Well actually I don't know that he's excited about his birthday but I know he's excited by the present he got himself.

Yes, our family is once again growing. Mike had the opportunity to get a dog that he wanted when he first met it last year. Quite out of the blue, that very dog became available - and Mike was given first option.

I must say, when I said I wanted another dog about a year ago, Mike told me we weren't getting another dog until one of the current ones left. Don't worry, no one has gone anywhere. I guess the rules just changed since he found a dog he wanted.

I can't really complain about that as I got the last dog. But I have a feeling my next dog has just been put off a few more years.

We didn't actually get the dog yet. We're going to be moving a lot the next few weeks and we didn't think it was fair to the dog to get it until we were going to be still for a while. So it will be about a month before we get her. And until that time I'm not going to mention her name or give any details other than those I've just written.

I'll just say that we all went to meet her today and everyone got along with her very well. In fact, Boogie and the dog were immediate best friends. Although Boogie has never met a dog he didn't like...and I think this dog seems much the same in that respect.

Here are a few pictures. In the pictures she looks about Sparkie's size, when in fact she is about half the size of Sparkie.














So, does she remind you of anyone in particular?

I think the next month is going to go slow for all of us as we await her arrival to our household.

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. pretty cute! seems to have a really friendly face:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Oh how exciting!!! Happy birthday Mike! She is super cute and looks like a mini Sparkie! Lucky her for getting to live with you all! Congratulations!!

    Allison, Grizz, and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting!!! Happy birthday Mike! She is so super cute. What a lucky girl to live with all of you. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete