Thursday, May 13, 2010

Far Out

(Woodinville, WA) For once, we didn't have a lot planned this week...too bad as the weather was beautiful. So we just played it by ear each day.

We play a "dunking for hot dogs" game when the weather is nice. 2iggie has never played so we thought this would be a good time to teach her. She loves food but hates water so we thought this might be quite the dilemma for her.

2iggie really looks up to Sparkie...huh?! Anyway, we thought we'd let Sparkie show her how the game works. We kept the water level low so it would be easy. It must have been as 2iggie picked up the game pretty quickly. She'll need some practice to get as good as the others.




We put more water in for the rest of the gang. Wazzu is always so dainty about it.




Slugger is in no way dainty. He goes right in and doesn't come up until all the hot dogs are gone. This means he has to "scuba dive" and blow bubbles while grazing the bottom for all the tasty morsels.




Boogie doesn't even wait for the hot dogs to hit the water before he has he face underwater. He too is a good bubble blower.




And wet as well.




That was a popular activity! So we decided to stick with the water theme this week and do some more swimming. I'll do my best not to bore you with too many more swim photos. But this time we swam during the day so the lighting was much better.

Look at the water formation coming off Boogie's tail. Mostly I like this because it shows him taking off for his dive.



It was fun to see the water droplets. Water really is amazing. Here you can see Boogie and the ball leaving at the same time.




Even though it was warm out, Sparkie didn't want to be in the water long. So she went and sat on the towels hoping they would magically dry her off. She's too funny.




I couldn't pass up all this beautiful weather so I took a few minutes to try to do agility with Boogie. I can't come close to running so everything is up Boogie. Mike set up a course and I tried to do it from the edge with Boogie going out and doing all the obstacles on his own. Boogie was perfect! I am on cloud nine. This high is going to last for quite some time. I'm posting the pictures of us doing the course and will just point out where Boogie is in each one as he is easy to miss since he is far away and tiny in most of them.

Boogie is just in front of the tunnel opening. He started next to where I'm standing.




Boogie just exited the tunnel and is halfway to the jump.



Now he is in the weaves..



He's coming toward me through the blue hoop.



Now he's going away from me again...just ready to enter the tunnel.



Probably the most difficult element, going straight out through another set of weaves.



After exiting the weaves he must continue out to the tunnel without even glancing back at me. Notice he's doing it perfectly.



Here he's just about to the tunnel.



Boogie is a few feet out of the tunnel.



Here he is going over the final jump! All with me just taking a few steps parallel to the course.




That's my boy! I am so proud of him. He did the entire thing with great speed an enthusiasm. The next day we set up an even more difficult course. Sparkie tried it first (two times) and couldn't do it so I figured we had no chance. To my complete surprise and great delight, Boogie did it perfectly! I think I said this before but That's my boy!

Debbie
5/10-13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment