Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's Ours

(Arlington, WA) Even though we had some really sticky moments with this transaction, against all odds, we were able to close today on our new (okay, really really old) house.

After picking up the keys, we all - for the first time - went to the property. Wouldn't you know, it was raining. But even the rain couldn't dampen our spirits.

So while Mike worked outside taking down the gate and some fencing, the dogs and I stayed in the house.

The dogs were so excited. They ran around the house a million miles an hour checking out every nook and cranny. It was so fun to watch them having so much fun.

But after about five minutes they decided they were bored. But they couldn't lie down...there weren't any pillows or furniture....oh, what's a poor dog to do.

When Mike finished working, we all went outside so the dogs could investigate the yard a little bit. They were having a blast. I'm excited for the day the property is all fixed up properly and we can move in so the dogs can just roam and play to their hearts content.

It was a good day. Oh yeah, and it was my birthday!

A friend of mine made me this beautiful cake. Have you ever seen a more beautiful cake?



Oh, and it wasn't just beautiful...it was just about the best thing that has ever gone in my mouth.

If any of you ever need a fancy cake, let me know and I'll refer you to Tallant House. She has won many awards for her cakes....and currently is in first place for Best of Washington wedding cakes. She's been in the top three for a number of years now. Her specialty is wedding cakes although she makes cakes for all occasions.

Someone had placed an order for little S'Mores cakes. This is what Mike saw when he was over at her house. How very clever is that!! And from what I've been told (by those who ate them) - they were fantastic! Of course!



A big thanks to Judy Tallant for such a tasty birthday cake....and all the other wonderful goodies she makes me throughout the year.

(For those wondering what else I got for my birthday.....Mike got me a bag of Cheetos Cheese Puffs....yup, that's all. Don't tell him, but that didn't really compare to the cake!)

Debbie
8/26/10

No comments:

Post a Comment