Monday, August 23, 2010

Thoughts

(Woodinville, WA) Not a lot has been happening recently....which is not a good thing for me as it just means I have a lot more time to think about things. I call it "busy mind".

Like, why do people get upset about such small things. I mean, you may think it is a big thing....but if you think of it in the grand scheme of life, it's really not a big deal at all.

For instance, when someone does an agility run and it doesn't go perfectly (which is often for most of us), then they get mad at the dog. How does this help? Why does it really matter if you Q or not. The dog doesn't know about Q's. Are you doing this for titles? Or are you doing this to have fun with your dog? To socialize with other people? What?

Think about it for a minute. For those of you that do agility, stop reading this post and think about why you really do agility.

Do you know how lucky you are to even be able to go to the line with your dog? I would give just about anything to be able to go on course with my dogs.....even if we "messed up" every run. At least we'd be doing something fun together.

What if you had to stop doing agility immediately. How important would it be then that your dog Q'd on every run?

When I could run, my dogs thought they were perfect on every run. And we partied after each run as though they'd just won the Championships. They were so proud of themselves and so happy....and so was I.

Now that I just watch (when I can even do that), I see so many people that really get on their dogs because a mistake happened. They blame the dog. I could easily see from the sidelines that the dog was really doing exactly what their body told them to do.

Just think about it next time you go to a show. I used to put a quote at the bottom of my emails that said:

"The real joy is in the privelge and ability to step to the start line with your dog by your side, not in the crossing of the finish line victorious over others." Author unknown.

That is more true than you realize.

Since I haven't been up and around doing much, I'd like to share some pictures with you that have either warmed my heart each in their own way.

Look at these two dogs....so content and happy to have a friend to sleep with!

Doesn't Boogie look so sweet just lying next his little friend?



Ha, fooled you all. This isn't Boogie....but you could have told me it was and I would have believed you. This is actually Boogie's litter mate, StevieRay (on the right of course), with his "sister" Emma. He's quite the agility dog too. StevieRay and Boogie are exactly the same on course....run, run, run....but even more....bark, bark, bark.

Emma (on the left) is my hero. She is an extremely talented dog. I get my inspiration from her a lot. You go get 'em, Emma.

For those of you not in the Pacific Northwest, this picture was taken in Puget Sound. If you look closely you can see a Pit swimming way out in the water (exactly like Slugger likes to do) and the big white thing in the distance is a ferry....it carries vehicles from the mainland to the islands...and back.



My best friend has a beautiful property here in Washington that we are fortunate enough to get to visit from time to time. The dogs love it and we love it. It would truly be paradise....if it was warm there year round! Even these guys miss the sun and took advantage of a rare moment of sunshine to get some sun bathing in.



The final picture that was sent to me recently is a gorgeous scenery picture. My very special niece took this picture in Wales.



I'll leave you with the beauty of the last picture and won't tell you about all the other things my "busy mind" thinks about.

Special thanks to Marti, Lori, Shari, and Asami for sharing these beautiful pictures with me.

Debbie
8/23/10

No comments:

Post a Comment