Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Taking it Easy

(Phoenix, AZ) We got up super early and went out to practice agility with Billie and her dogs before it got hot. Boogie and I ended up getting a private lesson. Actually I should say, I got the private lesson. Boogie was doing great but I was doing everything wrong. I'm so used to an experienced dog, a big dog, a slower dog, etc, etc. (I need all the excuses I can find!) It seemed like everything I did was wrong. And as soon as Billie told me what I was doing wrong, I could so understand what she was telling me. I am so thankful for all her help. How lucky we are!

During the day I tried to practice with Boogie but it was too hot and he wasn't all that interested. So instead we worked on Rally. Boogie does Rally much better when he is hot as he doesn't have as much energy. Since I've never done Rally I'm not really sure how to teach him some of the things we need to know. But we'll plug along and see what we come up with.

Slugger has still been limping quite badly due to this sore pad. So Mike went out and bought some pad liquid bandage before they took off for a little walk. It helped for a little while.

Today was a pretty leisurely day. I'm not sure the dogs thought it was all that great but I know it was good for Mike to have a day where he didn't have to entertain the dogs all day long.

Debbie
11/21/07

No comments:

Post a Comment