Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Real People Have So Much Fun

(Woodinville, WA) Can you believe I actually found a doctor that I kind of like! He actually said he might be able to help. Now that's a rarity. Okay, so it's just my hand but I do need my hands to work. I ended up with a couple injections in my hand. We'll see if it helps but he warned me it would take a long time and I'd never get all way back to normal. Gee, where have I heard that before.

Boogie and I went to our new obedience class. It is so much better than our original class. I need to give it another week or two to see if it really works for us but it was definitely a step in the right direction.

This evening we were invited to a Pizza Party at Karen's. We started out by each of us making our own pizza. I sure make a good pizza! Of course Karen did the cooking of the pizza so I guess she should really get all the credit!

After dinner it was on to play Guitar Hero. I've never seen it before this but had heard Karen talk about it for the last couple years. I had a blast! I actually got to participate fully in an activity...with no help from anyone. I think that's the first time in eight years that I've felt like a normal person (even though I did have to play my guitar while lying down part of the time). But that was no biggy.

I started out by singing while Mike was on drums and Karen and our friend Theresa were on guitars. After that we all switched around and took turns doing everything. I found I liked bass guitar best - not too surprising since I used to play bass guitar in a band (a gazillion years ago).

I can't thank Karen and Theresa enough for letting us join in on their Guitar Hero night. That was truly the most fun I've had in a very long time. I actually almost felt normal. Way cool.

I'm thinking maybe it wasn't just me having a great time....



Debbie
4/20/10

No comments:

Post a Comment