Sunday, June 13, 2010

Goin' Out

(Woodinville, WA) We've spent the last couple weeks just hanging out. That means lots of hiking for Mike and the dogs. And I mean lots of hiking since Mike only takes two or three dogs out at a time.

Weekends, of course, have been agility trials. The first one was down in Corvallis, OR. It was inside and pretty dark so no pictures there. But it was a good opportunity for 2iggie to go inside and start learning about arenas. Mike discovered he doesn't exist once they get out into the arena. 2iggie goes into hunting mode and sees nothing, hears nothing, except what's on the ground. Hmm.

The dogs had a good time but I had the better time. I was so enjoying getting to be out on the course with Boogie for at least a couple runs a day. Of course the highlight for me was when Boogie got a pretty difficult Elite Chances Q.

The next weekend we were at Argus Ranch in Auburn. Once again, too dark for pictures....too bad as there were some great picture moments! I don't think anything could have been done to make this trial any nicer. Two great judges, perfect weather both days, very nice trial committee, fun and challenging courses, and of course, super nice people.

Saturday will probably remain one of the biggest highlights in my memory. I was able to run Boogie in two runs....both were Elite Chances. One was really hard and other was super duper tricky and difficult. My little Boogie Man rose to the occasion and got BOTH Chances Q's. I am still on cloud nine. In addition to that, Boogie and Sparkie were both perfect for the day going six for six. Wazzu didn't Q but she was very happy.

A friend of mine was nice enough to try and record Boogie and I doing one of our Chances runs. Here's what she got. Thanks, Susan.




Sunday we didn't fare quite as well but it wasn't for lack of trying. Boogie and I need to work a few things out and then we'll be golden. He does the big distance very nicely but the turn aways are difficult. Leave it to Boogie to make everyone laugh. He got confused at one point....so instead of going over the jump, he just ran up to it and put his paws up on the jump and just stood there...barking of course. Needless to say everyone laughed.

But we had some stellar runs with all the dogs. Wazzu took more air over the a-frame than I've ever seen. Of course the whole crowd went "whoa" which excited her even more. She was close to two feet over the apex and landed in the yellow. It was so very fun to watch. Many Q's today from all three dogs and many smiles from both dogs and people.

I just can't put into words how much it means to me to have so many people come up to me and give me encouragement and support. The agility community is just amazing. I can't imagine a nicer group of people. It touches my heart in a very special way. Thank you all so very much...

Debbie
6/1-13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment