Monday, September 13, 2010

Deep, Sincere Thanks

(Olympia, WA) Things were a bit hectic at my parents house (remodeling) on my birthday so the family celebration had to be delayed....to today.

When you are growing up, you know that someday you will repay your parents for all they do for you while you are growing up. I certainly know that I always thought that when my parents got older and needed help, I would be there before they could blink.

It's now that time. It saddens to me to no end that I am physically unable to help them in the slightest. I'm always hearing of things they need help with. I want to dash right over and take care of it. But no can do.

Instead, my parents came to our RV today and spent many hours cleaning the RV because I can't do it. How backward is that. I should be helping them and instead, they are coming to me and slaving away. It's just so wrong. I will say, this is a source a great pain for me. My parents have done so much for me my entire life and now when I should be helping them, they are still having to do for me.

There aren't words to express how much I appreciate all they have done for me....and all they continue to do for me. I truly don't know what I'd do without them.

In addition to doing hours worth of cleaning, my mom slaved away all day yesterday making her famous cinnamon rolls that I requested for my birthday. It is my favorite food ever, hands down. Unfortunately, it takes hours and hours to make.

My mom has made those cinnamon rolls since before I was born. She's made them for all holidays, birthdays, and other special occasions. I can't count how many times Mom has made them to cheer me up and at times that were way more special than she ever knew.

Mom, thanks so much for working so hard to make cinnamon rolls for my birthday. I know how hard they are to make and how much time it takes. There is nothing better...for any occasion. I've always said I want my last meal to be mom's cinnamon rolls.

The weather today was beautiful. The view from my parent's house is so pretty when it's nice out. Their yard is landscaped so nicely and both the water and mountain are so beautiful.

Since I don't know how to make panoramic pictures, you'll just have to look and pretend you're turning your head. The pictures go from left to right (taken from my parents deck).








While I was outside taking in the beautiful scenery, a float plane went by.



Just seconds later, a helicopter went right over my head....I felt like I could just jump right in with them.



Mike and Slugger had a nice day in their normal position. This is not an uncommon position for them. From the time Slugger came to our house at six weeks of age (supposedly to die that night), he has been a lap dog. I think he still thinks he is one pound.



Slugger never sleeps well unless he is on top of you. This is how he sleeps every night....on top of one of us. And Boogie won't even be in the same room with us. Does this seem a little backward to you?!

Debbie
9/13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment