Saturday, October 29, 2011

Don't Eat the Cookies!

Yesterday the vet called to say the fungal test on Boogie came back negative.  That’s a good thing.  The bad thing…  She still has no idea what the spots are.  So she is going to treat it as though it’s a deep bacterial infection.  Now we have an ointment to put on the spots twice a day and he is to take an antibiotic twice a day – both for two weeks.

In January, on one of the major networks, there’s going to be a show called the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge.  There is an event called the Incredible Weave Pole Challenge.  All dogs, no matter their height, compete against each other.  As you’ll see, the winner this year is a Jack Russell called Major.
So this morning, Mike comes back to the RV and tells me that Boogie is competing against the Incredible Weave Pole Challenge winner.  So I knew right away, the best Boogie was going to get was second place.  Imagine our surprise when Boogie gets first place by over 2 seconds!  Neither Mike nor I saw Major’s run but I’m going to guess he must’ve had a bobble.  Boogie is a good weaver…  but not that good.  But still, it’s now in the record books.  J

Have any of you ever eaten mold?  Recently, I got in the habit of having a 2:00 AM snack.  I would eat it in the dark so as not to wake up Mike.  The first couple nights they tasted really good.  The third and fourth night they didn’t taste good at all.  Not only was the taste bad but the texture seemed really odd.  I thought something must have happened to my taste buds as I knew I really liked these cookies.  The next day, I really needed (okay, wanted) a snack midafternoon and there was one cookie left.  So I got the cookie and a big glass of milk.  Just before I took a bite, something caught my eye.  I looked down, and the entire top of the cookie was thick with mold.  Eww!  No wonder those cookies hadn’t tasted good…  they were all moldy!  Besides the disgusting taste and texture, I guess they were OK as I didn’t get sick.

You’d think that would make me stop eating cookies.  No such luck.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment