Monday, October 01, 2007

Childhood Friends

(Provo, Utah) What a turn for the worse the weather took today. It's been in the low 70's the past couple days yet today we wake up to cold and rain. A high of 37 and a low of 31 isn't what we thought of when we decided to head south! But I guess if there was going to be a nasty day, today was a fine day for that as we were going to be inside most of the day anyway.

My best friend when I was a kid moved to Salt Lake City shortly after college. We've only seen each other two or three times since then. But when I found out that one of our stops this year would be Provo, I contacted Laurie to see if she might be available for us to get together. What luck! She's leaving Monday for a week long vacation to celebrate her upcoming 50th birthday but was available today.

So she and her husband Pat came down to our place in Provo to visit. They almost didn't make it as Laurie had an emergency come up this morning but she said nothing was going to stop her from coming to see me. How nice is that!

We had a really nice afternoon visiting and staying inside where it was nice and warm. I got so wrapped up in our visit together that I totally forgot to take a picture of all of us. Darn! Hopefully our next get together won't be so many years apart and I will remember to take a picture then!

Debbie
9/29/07

No comments:

Post a Comment