Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ah, Pischke's!!

It’s our last full day in Phoenix and we still had one very important thing we had to do – eat at Pischke’s. You can’t come to Phoenix without going to Scottsdale and eating at Pischke’s. I’m serious, if you ever go to Phoenix you have to go to Pischke’s. We’ve been going there for 20 years – they’ve been in business for 21 years. My dad actually introduced us to Pischke’s and we’ve been going there ever since. Thanks Dad!! We have many fond memories of family gatherings there.

I think they are most famous for breakfast although I know they do serve lunch. I don’t know if they are open for dinner. But who cares really – it’s breakfast that we go for! They have a HUGE breakfast menu – many pages long. Everything I’ve ever had there had been fantastic….and gigantic. Since we had to walk the dogs before going to eat we didn’t get there until about 10:00am. We figured that would be a slow time since it’s not really breakfast time and certainly not lunch time. But as always, it was packed! Just a few minutes after we got their the wait was 30-40 minutes. Everyone waited of course at it is well worth the wait.

This time Mike decided to have Blueberry Stuff French Toast and Beef Sausage. Oh my goodness – I’m having that next time I go. It was out of this world.




Mike saved a few bites of the sausage for the guys and they thought it was great too! As always I enjoyed my breakfast and I have so much left over that I’ll be able to eat for at least two or three more days.

As always, we took our picture out front. Each time we go we have a different dog in the picture. This year it was Wazzu’s turn. Some very nice people that were waiting for a table were kind enough to take our picture so that we could all be in it together. Every year we take our picture there the same things happen. You’ll meet really nice people at Pischke’s.



We had another errand to do in Scottsdale however we hadn’t received word yet on when our stuff would be ready. So now that we were done with breakfast we had to waste some time waiting for our phone call. We really didn’t have much to do but we thought that since the dogs had been so good waiting in the car while we had breakfast that we’d take them back to “In The Raw.”



Since Wazzu couldn’t finish her whole smoothie last time, I decided to just buy two smoothies and pour a little bit into another bowl for Wazzu. The two youngsters love banana so I got two Peanut Butter Banana smoothies. The lady was very nice and put a little bit of the smoothie into a smaller doggy bowl for Wazzu. I figured with all that Peanut Butter in it she wouldn’t be able to taste the banana. WRONG! She took one little teeny tiny taste and immediately backed away. She didn’t like it at all. Now I felt really bad so I had to go back in and buy her a little freshly made doggy cookie. Then all was forgiven.

Today the wind was gone so we took a walk around the lake. It was extremely pleasant just like usual. There is a beautiful fountain in the lake with really nice condos on the opposite side.



Funny enough, as we walking along Mike said “I sure wish we had purchased that condo there that we looked at quite a number of years ago.” I had just been thinking that exact thing! About 15 years ago we looked at these very condos. (In The Raw wasn’t there then though.)



We came so close to buying one. I forget now the exact reason we changed our mind but I do remember we were well along in the purchasing process when we changed our mind. It is such a beautiful place – I’ll bet the prices have at least tripled by now. If we didn’t have dogs I’m sure we would be buying a place down here. But it’s just too hard to find places the dogs can run without getting cactus stickers. And of course there is the danger of Valley Fever – I guess we’re a little sensitive to that.

Anyway, we had a very nice walk around the lake. As always there were lots and lots of ducks and birds. People feed them all the time so they are extremely tame.



There were a lot of American Coots. Their bills were so white and shiny with the sun right on them - although you can't tell that at all from this picutre. Oh well.



Wazzu liked to heard them all in to one place. Slugger like to lunge at them to chase them into the water. And Sparkie paid absolutely no attention to them whatsoever. However, once the ducks and birds were in the water, Slugger had no interest in them at all. We took him off leash and threw sticks in the water for him to retrieve. At the same time Slugger was swimming toward the stick the ducks were paddling over there as well to see if it might be bread. Slugger would be just inches from the ducks and totally ignore them. He was completely focused on his stick.

We then drove around Scottsdale a little more just trying to waste time but finally we had to give up as we had lots of stuff we had to get done on the other side of town. Too bad it didn’t work out but we had a good time while we were wasting time – so I guess it wasn’t really wasted at all.

We ended up getting a lot done during our few days here and had a great time in Phoenix. I’m sure we’ll back.

Debbie
3/29/07
PS If you get to Scottsdale and want to try Pischke’s it’s on the corner of 1st Street and Scottsdale Road in Old Scottsdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment