Thursday, March 15, 2007

Westward Ho

Today we spent the day driving west across the last 250 miles of Texas. We finally made it and arrived in Las Cruces late in the afternoon. Just like last year, we are staying at the upscale Hacienda RV Resort. Our last stay here we were here for a month. And the dogs definitely remember this place.

Last year, every afternoon Wazzu and I would walk up to the office. I would put Wazzu on a sit stay at the front door and I would go in to get one of their freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Then I would share it with Wazzu on the way back to the RV. (I would eat all the chocolate chips of course!) Wazzu looked forward to our afternoon walk every day.

So after we got set up Wazzu let me know that she wanted to go out for a walk. She led me right over to the office. I must say we were both very disappointed to learn that they have chosen to forgo the afternoon cookies! I think I’ll have Mike make some cookies so I can still take Wazzu up there and pretend to get the cookie from the office.

It is really hot here. We tried to take the dogs on a very short hike but they thought it was way too hot. Oh well. At least they feel as though they had the opportunity to play even though they only lasted about 20 minutes.

Debbie
3/15/07

No comments:

Post a Comment