Sunday, July 18, 2010

Celebration of 15's

(Port Gamble, WA) Thursday we drove from Newport, OR to Port Gamble, WA....or at least we tried to. Our five and a half hour trip took over 13 hours.

We only made it to the outskirts of Corvallis before we were broken down on the side of the road. Fortunately we have a good roadside service supplier and a great network of agility friends that were notified immediately by our friend Susan.

After a stint at the repair shop, we finally arrived in Port Gamble about 11:30pm. Fortunately, on Friday, only Boogie and Sparkie were competing...and in only two runs a piece...so Mike could get some rest after the hard drive the day before.

On the first run Saturday morning, Wazzu earned her NATCH-15. I'm so happy I got to see her run and then get our picture taken with th judge who is one of our good friends. But that was too much for me and I wasn't able to watch the rest of the weekend.



I had planned ahead and had a big cake made for the occasion. Too bad I didn't get to enjoy it with everyone. In my opinion, the cake decorator didn't do a very good job...but there wasn't any leftover cake so I guess no one cared.



2iggie was a bit distracted with people watching on all four sides of the ring. This trial always has a lot of really nice spectators. But even though she was a bit distracted she didn't stop and bark at anyone!



The funniest thing that happened this weekend was that I got an email from a friend of mine many states away. She said 2iggie looked great doing agility. I couldn't figure out how she would know since she was so far away. When I asked her about it, she sent me a picture of 2iggie doing agility.


Turns out the judge was a good friend of 2iggie's before we got her. The judge was so excited to see 2iggie doing agility that she took a picture of her with her phone WHILE she was judging! How cute is that! Now that's gotta be a first.

Mike and the dogs all had a great weekend. Unfortunately we had RV troubles on the way home again. It was difficult going but at least we made it.

Debbie
7/15-18/10

No comments:

Post a Comment