Thursday, November 03, 2011

Lots of Walks

We've been hanging out in Cottonwood the past couple days and enjoying it immensely.

The weather has been very pleasant....sunny and low 70's.

Mike has taken the dogs hiking everyday.  The two monkeys and Sparkie have been taking three hour hikes each day.  Sparkie and Boogie have been able to be off-leash the entire time and 2iggie has been off for about 10 minutes each time.  Mike says they have all been on their best behavior.

Then Mike takes Slugger and Wazzu out.  They're usually gone for 30-45 minutes.  When on leash, Wazzu just wants to lie down....I guess in protest.  So Mike will take her leash off and she'll walk right on trail as happy as can be.  Only problem is Mike has a lot of trouble getting her attention now that she can't hear so he has to be extremely careful.

I have even been taking a short walk every day....about five minutes....but it's the best five minutes of the day. It's so beautiful outside....and not cold!  Wazzu and Boogie both get so excited when they see me getting ready to go out.  But they get so disappointed when we have to turn around after such a short amount of time.

I took my camera today so you can see our walk. So this is the view I usually see.




I decided to pose them near the little waterway.  Getting Boogie to look at the camera was comical.  In all the other pictures he has his head turned 90 degrees to his left.  No matter what I said, he wouldn't look at me.  And when I moved to that side, he turned his head 90 degrees to his right.  I don't know if he is finding cameras intimidating or what but he has really started doing that all time recently.



Mike said the candid shots are much better anyway.  When I showed this picture to Mike, he said it looked like Boogie had been run over.  Fortunately not.  He was just scratching his back like he always does on rocks or cement.



Hopefully my walks will get longer and there will be more pictures to share.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment