Friday, November 04, 2011

WINDY

Remember yesterday when I posted that I was loving the weather here.  Well don't things change quickly.

The park rangers came around this morning telling everyone to get all their stuff and themselves inside due to the strong winds.


It was reported on TV that no one was supposed to drive between Tucson and Phoenix as large dust storms where predicted.

So all these warnings, and what does Mike do?  He spends all morning and most of the afternoon out digging tunnels for the Earthdog competition that is being held here the next two days.  This is always very hard work but today it was even more so!

This evening we had downpours along with thunder and lightening.  Guess I'd better not compliment the weather any more!

If you've known us long, you know that I talk of how Boogie loves to be trained.  He's always coming into the bedroom and standing on my head kissing me trying to get me to get up to train him.

Even though I don't often use clickers, he especially loves them as he knows that means training.  I don't always use a clicker as I find it much easier just to say "yes" rather than be all coordinated and click at the correct time.  But he has definitely made the connection between clicker, training, and treats.

One of the things we taught all the dogs early on was that when they want something they should do a "please".  This means resting their chin.

Today when I went out to get a drink, there was Boogie doing a please. (Who knows how long he had been there....but he is patient.)  He had climbed up on a crate and stood on an open drawer so he could reach the counter. Here he is doing his "please".....for the clicker.


He's too smart!  Needless to say, I couldn't deny him.  We trained for a few minutes and he was just as happy as could be!

Thinking maybe I should send this picture to Karen Pryor!  What do you think?

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment