Thursday, December 07, 2006

Clean Up

Today we did a little "spring" cleaning. Therefore, no big outings for the dogs, just individual walks. Slugger got to walk around the park looking for lizards and Sparkie got to take a long walk down the street - to the pizza place. VBG

Wazzu got to do exactly what she wanted which was squirrel stalking in the park. As I was getting ready to take her out she was getting pretty excited. I guess I was taking too long as she started doing her stress yawns. Then she picked up her big stuffed pumpkin toy. I figured she'd drop it as soon as I was really ready.

But instead she wanted to take it with her. I figured she'd drop it shortly and I'd have to carry it. But she carried it the entire hour outing. She is truly amazing the way she can make friends with these squirrels.

Of course, she brought smiles to many peoples faces today as they saw her carrying that big pumpkin all around. Notice how she is holding her paw up while she is stalking. She stands on three legs like that for a good 10-15 minutes without moving.



This picture was taken with my new little camera - just testing.


One funny little story for today. We had to run an errand this evening and didn't know exactly where we were going. So we were keeping our eyes open for the sign of the store we wanted. I saw a sign that had me doing a double take. Before I was able to say anything, Mike mentioned that he saw an odd sign. He said it looked like it said "Family Fun Care." I started laughing as it had to be the same sign I saw. We were each seeing it from different angles and there was a palm tree blowing around a bit. I told Mike I saw that sign but I thought it said "Family Funeral Cafe." What is that! Turns out we were both wrong - it was Family Funeral Care. Good thing, as neither of the things we came up with seemed very good!

Debbie
12/6/06

No comments:

Post a Comment