Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Epcot

My parents arrived very late last night due to flight delays. Actually it was after midnight so I guess technically they arrived this morning. Either way, we had made dinner for them so they stopped to see us and have a quick dinner before going to my brother's to hit the sack.

Today it was off to Epcot. We had nice weather but cooler than we had expected. We walked through some of the exhibits and even went on a couple of the shorter rides. I just love the way they sculpt all the bushes to make them look like Disney characters.



Of course anything Pluto gets me happy!

One of the rides we went on was a Nemo ride where you sit in little clam shells and gently move through the ride seeing Nemo and other characters put on some little story. I tried to get pictures of Nemo and pals but they are little neon lights in the dark and didn't turn out so well. But I was able to get a nice picture of my parents on the ride.



The second thing we did was go on a space launch. My mom and I chose to go on the easier launch while Mike and my dad went on the more rigorous launch. We all had a great time except for Mike who decided he's not cut out to be an astronaut. He got very ill and couldn't eat all day.

But the scenery there really was beautiful.



And while there were other people there (of course!), it wasn't too crowded. You could easily see what you wanted to see and there was never more than a five minute wait for any of the rides. I waited outside on most of the rides but there was so much to see that I kept occupied - mostly just people watching. Everyone seemed so happy.

There were a few shows to watch too. I think Mom, Dad, and Mike enjoyed the Chinese gal on the 10' unicyle that caught all these bowls on her head. It got cool much faster than we thought and we were all getting a little chilly so we headed out. I hope they all had a good time.



Debbie
12/15/06

No comments:

Post a Comment