Thursday, December 07, 2006

Disney Day

Short story first. The last few weeks Mike has been wanting our favorite deep dish pizza. You can't find it very many places but there was one in Orlando. So Monday afternoon after we arrived here, the first thing Mike did was to go get pizza. He left at 3:00 and I thought, "my we're sure going to have an early dinner." But time went by and it got later and later. At a quarter to seven Mike showed up. Turns out the place was on the complete opposite side of town from us - and the traffic got to be pretty bad. But oh well, he got the pizza he wanted.

Then this morning I wanted to go look for a new camera since my other one broke. As we were driving to the camera store - only about two minutes from our park - we passed the pizza place we like. Mike was just beside himself. He drove hours to get the pizza and they had a location just two minutes from us. It wasn't listed on the internet but sure enough there it was. I don't think he went 20 minutes all day without mentioning his disgust and anguish over the pizza fiasco. Too funny....at least for me!

Mike then took the dogs on a nice two hour on leash hike. Since they were now tired we could take some time to go out and do some things on our own. We decided to go to Downtown Disney. There is no charge to get in yet you get the atmosphere - which really is wonderful. And of course you they will sell you stuff!

Mike has decided that he's not taking me out of the RV park much as we tend to spend too much money! But all the stuff I got was so cute! A Pluto hat, a Pluto shirt, a Pluto tug toy.... I think you get the idea.

The very first shop we spotted with the Ghirardelli store. Needless to say we were both drawn to it like a magnet. Mike just got one scoop of ice cream. I asked for one scoop of ice cream but in a really big cup as I wanted lots of hot fudge. But for some reason they ended up giving me extra ice cream. When Mike picked up our order he could see there wasn't enough hot fudge so he asked for more. Next time I'm just going to skip the ice cream and just get the hot fudge. I had a lot of trouble digging around the ice cream to find the hot fudge. And of course, I couldn't begin to eat all that ice cream so Mike ended up eating it. He didn't even eat dinner tonight as he was too full. Oops.

Here are a few pictures we took at Downtown Disney. It's amazing how many kids were trying to get their pictures taken. But we managed to get a turn. After all, aren't we all kids at least at heart.

Mike had a good time at the Pirates of the Caribbean display. He was really good at saying "Argggg" or whatever it is that the pirates say.




I felt most at home with the dog of course. Too bad it wasn't Pluto.





The little kid getting his picture taken here just before Mike was so totally adorable. But Mike is cute too.




Can you believe this entire thing was made of Legos?




Debbie
12/5/06

No comments:

Post a Comment