Friday, September 21, 2007

Rest of Day Two

(Gillette, WY) From what I heard, someone left last night at 11:00pm and dogs were still running. Sleep is definitely at a premium around here.

Anyway, to catch you up on the rest of yesterday - Jumpers.

From the time we walk until the time we run is easily two to four hours (so far for us) depending on the event. In Jumpers I had close to three hours. In my case, I get to walk the course and then not see it again until I run as there really isn't a viewing spot for me. I do have a place in the front row of the bleachers to lay down (thanks to Karen) but everyone stands in front by the railing so all I see are peoples backs. Since the bleachers are very hard and are freezing, I don't stay in there any longer than I have to in most cases.

Before my run I had gone over the course in my mind and felt comfortable that I knew the pattern. Wazzu was once again extremely excited for her turn. She took off like a rocket. There was only one real difficult turn in this course and Wazzu did it absolutely perfectly. A couple obstacles later she went in the tunnel, I executed my front cross beautifully and darted off for the next obstacle. But suddenly my subconscious gave me a big alert sign.....there is no number on that jump - you are going to the wrong jump. So I quickly scan the closest obstacles to figure out where to go. There were NO numbers facing me. I stopped in my tracks and looked and looked. Now all I see is a see of jumps and not one number facing me. Note: According to the spectators, all this time I'm standing there looking around Wazzu is very patiently looking up at me just waiting to see what she should do. I still couldn't find a number. Finally, as I was about to totally give up, I walked over to the jump I thought was the correct jump to start with and walked around the other side, bent down to see the number on the opposite side and sure enough I had been right all along. Someone must have kicked the number and turned it around. So when I saw it was the correct number, I raised my hands in victory - which sent the crowd into an uproar. Wazzu loved it!! So after what seemed like three minutes (I'm told it was a full twenty five seconds)I sent her over the jump and she took off as fast as she's ever run. She did distance I didn't know was possible - she was really booking it. When Wazzu soared over the last jump the crowd once again erupted in cheers and hollers and clapping. Wazzu acted like she thought she'd just won the Championships. And for her we might as well have. We aren't ever going to win the Championships - but for Wazzu to get that much cheering for her during and after her run it totally made her week. She thinks she is the star of the entire event.

Sparkie had a fabulous run. You'll probably notice a theme here. Sparkie is running as good as she has run all year. It seems as though she is peaking at just the right time. Her run was smooth and fast. In fact, she even was in the placements finishing in seventh place. Way to go Sparkie.

PNW Jumpers Results: clean runs only
16" Kim Wiklof and Pinto 15th place
20" Susan Perry and Harley 1st place
20" Susan Perry and Chevy 2nd place
20" Bart Pierce and Pulse 3rd place
20" Scott Imlay and Jade 13th place
20+ Andrea Dexter and Ceilidh 1st place
20+ Mike Mason and Sparkie 7th place
20+ Susan Perry and Lacey 8th place
20+ Michael Bruce and Jule 10th place
20+ Pat Weinkauf and Quinn 16th place

Late late late last night Hoopers was finally run.

PNW Hoopers Results: (clean runs only)
8" Bill Judge and Rosie 3rd place
12" Frederick Habermane and Fuzz 1st place
12" Bill Judge and Teddy 3rd place
16" Scott Imlay and PJ 11th place
20" Amanda Hope and Hope 3rd place
20" Scott Imlay and Jade 7th place
20" Penny Richardson and Shen 8th place
20" Katherine Martucci and Dazzle 9th place

I think you're now all caught up through day two! Finally!

Debbie
9/20/07

No comments:

Post a Comment