Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cold and Wet

(Las Cruces, NM) As is getting to be a familiar tune…no part today. I don’t know why I would want heat…could it have anything to do with the fact that it got down to 16 last night?! That’s downright cold in my opinion!

We decided to run a few errands since the stores were open. We went to the mall here in Las Cruces – not a huge mall but it has heat! I figured since we have a big show coming up next weekend I should get my haircut – since I shouldn't wear a hat at the show.

I asked the people at the front desk for the hairdresser that had the most experience with curly hair. I told them my reasoning and explained in detail that I didn’t want a crappy haircut (sorry Mom – I did actually use the word crappy!). My first clue of trouble should have come when I got back to the lady's station and she said "Oh my, this is REALLY curly hair."

I should have known I was in big trouble right away as the lady sprayed water all down my back. Yup, all four layers of clothing that I was wearing were completely soaked all the way down my back. So much for being warm.

I was in a hurry (sitting isn’t good) yet this lady must have cut each hair individually. She shaved way too much and shaved it too short. The part she cut isn’t shaped at all – it’s horrible. I’m guessing I won’t need another haircut until this summer when we return home as it’s so short. But I’m sure I’ll get another haircut after a while just to see if someone can shape it at all. Good thing I have lots of hats…this might even be a good excuse to buy some more!

We had planned to do more shopping but I was freezing since my back was sopping wet. Maybe we’ll shop some other time…who knows, I think it’s been almost a year since I went shopping in a mall.

Meg was so nice and invited us to go along to a party she was attending this evening. It was an informal dinner and all the people were dog people. As it turned out we knew almost all of them – a few we only knew by sight but we knew exactly what dogs they have and what their names are…dogs weren’t invited though. Ha ha. But it was a great mix of people and there were a couple really good storytellers that kept all of us both entertained and laughing. How nice of Meg to include us in this fun evening.

Debbie
12/29/07

No comments:

Post a Comment