Thursday, December 13, 2007

Down Time

(Phoenix, AZ) I just can't say how grateful we are to Billie for letting us stay at her house while our RV is out of commission. It's not easy to find a place to stay with four dogs! We did our very best to inconvenience her and her dogs as little as possible.

We had to keep the dogs separate as she has one that thinks he can and should take on everybody around. He's Boogie's half brother. And he sure made Boogie a believer - Boogie stayed clear for sure! But it was very easy to keep everyone separated since there was a gate at the end of the hall and we had our own private door out of the house that led to a different part of the yard than the other dogs went to. While Mike and Billie had many things to do I stayed home with all the dogs and made sure each set of dogs had plenty of time outside to play. It really was a lot of fun as I just love Billie's dogs.

The good news was that the RV got fixed on Monday. Some other problems were detected but a different place needed to work on those issues. So about 5:30 Tuesday morning, Mike took the RV to another shop to get that work done. It took most of the day but I think we may be good to go now.

While Mike was getting the RV repaired, Boogie and I got to attend a Rally practice that was held at Billie's house. I was given some really good pointers. I've definitely got more to learn than Boogie! We then did a short little agility practice. Sure wish we got to do more of that.

It was nice to have a couple "down" days so Mike could do a bunch of errands and chores. We also got in another early morning Rally practice at one of the local parks. It was so fun as everyone said how much progress Boogie and I were making!!

The aggravating part of the last week or two is that our internet service has been pretty much non-existent. And of course with no RV we had no internet over the weekend at all. Even when we did get a spot or two of internet it wasn't strong enough that I could get onto the blog to post. I sure am dependant on the internet. How did the world ever get along without it? Much better in some respects I'm afraid. But I sure need it to keep in touch with all of you!!

Debbie
12/10-13/07

No comments:

Post a Comment