Friday, December 28, 2007

From Bad to Worse

(Las Cruces, NM) Yesterday we noticed that every once in a while the water pump would run for a second even when we didn't have the water on. This morning we figured out why....we have a leak due to frozen pipes. As Mike was investigating he found out that in addition to that leak we have a number of pipes that are frozen. Oh I sure hope none of those crack when they thaw.

We're officially tired of this entire fiasco. Mike checked on the part again this morning but still no luck. They said they'd call and get the tracking number and see where the part might be and call us back. So much for overnight service!

Unfortunately the sun wasn't out much today so we didn't get much solar heating. But the few times the sun did peek through, Slugger and Wazzu both made a mad dash to the dashboard.



We're beginning to wonder if we'll ever get Slugger down from there. He has always loved sunbathing....he just never realized he could do it indoors! He's thinking this is a great discovery!



At noon Boogie had his re-check with the vet. She was very happy with the way the surgery site was looking. He was given the all clear to play and to stop wearing the life ring. Boogie liked that news but still wasn't happy to be at the vet office. We weighed him while we were there and he just continues to grow - he's up to 17 pounds! If he's not careful he's going to catch up to Sparkie.

This afternoon Harriet and Meg taught me how to handle Boogie in the conformation ring. Oh gosh, I'm really out of my league here. Good thing I have six whole days to practice! I think I need more like six years.

Harriet then groomed Boogie a little bit - which he didn't much care for. But he did like the major play time he got to have with his sister, Mimi, afterward. While Mimi and Boogie were tearing the house down, Meg and Harriet helped show me when I would need to be in each ring and how things are going to work. I feel like a kindergartner going to my first day of school but walking into the high school instead.

While in the house I also got to have a peak at the cute little puppies. They're a whole 18 days old now. Mike made the comment when Boogie and Mimi were playing that maybe we need to get a puppy to play with Boogie. Music to my ears! But shucks, I think these cute little guys may all be spoken for already.



Well, the work day is totally over and we never heard back about our part. This is getting old really fast. So much for next day delivery - at this rate it may be next spring delivery. And with weather like this, spring can come none to soon!

Debbie
12/28/07

No comments:

Post a Comment