Sunday, January 07, 2007

Another Hot One

It was another very early morning....after another very late night. One thing we really don't like about the East Coast is that football doesn't end until sometime between 11:30pm - 12:30am. And last night was no exception. But who could go to bed until the end of the Seahawks game! Talk about exciting.

This morning was just as exciting as the first run of the day was Weavers. Sweet Wazzu liked the coolness of the morning and turned in a spirited performance. She Q'd which earned her Versatility NATCH-2. They had her do a victory lap and everyone cheered and clapped which Wazzu always loves. Even though it was hot and there were some very unusual and/or difficult courses Wazzu tried really hard and went 5/6.



One Touch N Go course was very unusual as there were FIVE discriminations and the A-Frame had to be done three times. But even worse was that the course was so hard to remember! Instead of the normal seven minute walk-thru we were given close to 15 minutes. And it took every bit of that time to try to remember the course. And as it turned out that wasn't even enough time for many people as there were a lot of off courses due to people getting lost.

Sparkie and Mike ran a very nice course. When I got out there I started out okay. But I was having trouble remembering where to go so my handling maneuvers left a little to be desired. So I started laughing between each obstacle as I tried to hurry to figure out where to go and get there in time. It seems Wazzu liked my laughing and since we were going back an forth over the A-Frame and through the same tunnels I think she thought we were just playing - not doing an actual course. She got really silly and had a huge smile on her face. We finished and ended up doing the course just fine. So many people congratulated us on a beautiful run - only Mike recognized Wazzu and I being a bit silly. As it turned out only four dogs Q'd on that run with Sparkie and Wazzu being two of them and coming in 1st and 2nd.

It was a good weekend for the Mason's as Sparkie earned her Versatility NATCH-6 yesterday. Both dogs went 5/6 today and both ended up 9/12 for the weekend.



Little Slugger didn't help our Q percentage this weekend as he went 0/4. It was just too hot for him.



But he did have the best time hunting for lizards. They were everywhere. In fact, one time he was chasing lizards around this bench. One lizard ran across the bench and jumped on the back of Slugger's neck and ran down the entire length of his back. You've never seen a dog jump around as fast as he did. He proceeded to chase the lizard after it jumped off his back. Oh I wish I'd have captured that on video!

After another very hot day we were all glad to get back to the RV to watch some more football. Well, actually I watched football while the rest of them fell asleep within one minute of returning home. I'm guessing none of them will wake up until tomorrow.

Debbie
1/7/07

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Hello Masons !

    I don't imagine you ever get tired of earning those NATCHes, but I know this one was special. Many congratulations !!!

    I hope summer gets here soon - I'm tired of the power being out and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.

    Take care,

    Karen, Steve, Lindy, Quickie, and Pounce

    ReplyDelete