Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Birds, Birds, Birds

Slugger spent much of the night using me as a pillow so when I got up this morning I needed to walk a little bit to try to lossen up. As soon as I walked out the door I noticed all the birds singing. So I grabbed my camera and took it with me on my walk. Who knew what a world there is out there so early in the morning!

When I got back, I told Mike he'd better hope I don't become interested in becoming a bird photographer as I'll need a much bigger lens....and of course a much steadier hand!

Here are a few of the birds I came across in my 30 minute outing.

Okay, here is a test for all of you. We can't figure out what kind of woodpecker this is. We found one in our book that looked like this but doesn't live in Florida. The red is just on the very top of his head.




Red Bellied Woodpecker



We don't know what the next two are either. But I liked them anyway.





Yellow Rumped Warbler



Tufted Titmouse


Cardinal



Eastern Bluebird



Well, from the looks of this, we need to get a more complete bird book!

Debbie
1/19/07

No comments:

Post a Comment