Thursday, April 26, 2007

Early and Late

Wednesday and Thursday we spent visiting my parents in Olympia, WA. It was so good to see them again.

Mike spent the days hiking with the girls in familiar territory. I stayed home with Slugger since he can't do any long hikes now. I spent my days doing laundry and on the phone trying to get off a gazillion mailing lists so that my parents won't have to put up with so much junk mail. I'm sure the mailman will enjoy not having to deliver so much mail too. They mailbox seems to overflow just about every day as mail is delivered there for my parents, us, my brother, and my two nieces.

Getting off the mailing lists of dog catalog companies was so easy. The people were all just as nice as could be. But getting off the mailing list of PeoplePC was impossible. I spent over an hour and a half (over two days) trying to get off their list. They wanted my current address, my previous address, current phone number, previous phone number, then current and past email address. But when they asked for my social security number I drew the line. Finally they told me they couldn't get me off the list unless I gave them my credit card number. Not a chance in the world!! I finally told them to just forget it. The guy then said "Is there anything else I can help you with." I told him no, he had done plenty. Wouldn't you think it would be much more valueable to the company to have him actually helping a customer than spending an hour and a half giving me a bad time about getting off the mailing list. Why not just take me off the list, hang up and help the next person. Mike says it was the same kind of run around when we tried to cancel our service a few years ago. What horrible customer service. Not a good way to get good word of mouth advertising.

Thursday we celebrated both my dad's birthday and my mom's birthday. A little late for dad and a little early for mom. Hopefully it all balances out. Their birthday's are exactly two weeks apart and we weren't there early enough for dad's and won't be there for mom's either as the campground didn't have space for us for as long as we wanted to stay. Even though we had a nice low key celebration I think a fine time was had by all.

Happy Birthday, Mom and Dad, from all five of us.

Debbie
4/25-26/07

No comments:

Post a Comment