Monday, April 02, 2007

RED!

We’re staying at a nice little campground WAY out in the middle of nowhere. It’s quiet here, the spaces are wide, and there is a little loop trail that goes down to a river. There is even a spot wide enough for Slugger to do some swimming….but the water is really cold.

After Mike and the dogs came back from exploring some different trails in the area we took a drive to Sedona to go on a hike together. Mike did a lot of research on the computer to find an “easy” trail suitable for me. I really appreciate all the work he does to find places I can go along with them.

The scenery just driving there was beautiful as we could see red rocks all around. The trail was fairly flat and the farther we went the more red we could see. This first picture is for my dad – a beautiful golf course at the foot of some beautiful red rocks.



The scenery was just so pretty. One reason Mike chose this particular hike was that the sun would be on the rocks in the afternoon. That helped me to get pictures with such spectacular color.



I don’t know if any of these rocks have names – they probably do but I don’t know what they are. I just know that we enjoyed seeing such beautiful scenery.



Slugger felt right at home here – a red dog in red rocks!



Sedona is a beautiful place for a nice little getaway. In fact, a friend of mine has some vacation rental homes here and she allows dogs at all of them. So if you’d like to visit with family or friends that would be a great alternative to a hotel.

I hope you enjoy these pictures. It didn't matter which way we looked as there were rock formations 360 degrees. Here's a small sample of what we saw on our little hike.






























Debbie
4/2/07

No comments:

Post a Comment