Monday, August 06, 2007

Drive and Deliver

(WA/OR) I was not looking forward to today. Fortunately it wasn't quite as bad as I'd thought - but was still hectic.

We had a full day planned today so we were all up really early. Mike had to drive to Shelton (80 miles round trip) to be at the meat processor the second they opened so he could pick up the lamb for everyone from Oregon that had ordered.

While he was picking up the lamb, I was feeding the dogs and getting the RV ready to go. When Mike got back he finished getting the RV ready to go and off we went. Our first stop was at a rest stop just south of Portland. I was delivering lamb, salmon oil, and beef trachea to some people from my raw food group. They were great! We arrived four minutes early and every single one of them were there waiting for us. How great is that! Normally it wouldn't be too big a deal but I had a doctor's appointment so I really appreciated that they were all on time.

The parking lot at the doctor's isn't even close to big enough for us to park the RV there let alone even drive in it. So Mike stopped in the street and I jumped out. While I was in my appointment, Mike drove to an empty church parking lot nearby and parked there until I called him when my appointment was over.

This doctor really thought he could do things that would make me at least some better. I was extremely hopeful and excited. Unfortunately, by the time I was walking out my feet were already tingling. Within half an hour my legs were very painful. Darn, I was so hoping this would work. We'll see, maybe he'll have other ideas.

From there we drove to Eugene to meet some more people at a rest stop to deliver more product. This time we arrived 30 minutes early and some people arrived 15 minutes late. So we were there 45 minutes but it really wasn't that big of deal. We just walked the dogs and had a drink.

Then we were on our way again. We finally arrived at our destination for the night at 8:00pm. That is a long time and a lot of driving. And little Boogie was the perfect traveler. He spent the whole day in his crate except for the two stops for short potty breaks. Anyone that knows us well knows that once a dog becomes ours, it has a forever home. I can only think of one thing that would be a deal breaker for us - a dog that couldn't travel. Since we travel all year round it just wouldn't work if we had a dog that got car sick or went ballistic when driving. I don't think Boogie could be a better traveler. He slept the entire time. And when we stopped he would wait patiently for us to take him out of his crate - no fussing at all. He couldn't be better!

I'm really glad this day is over - even though it wasn't all that bad.

Debbie
8/2/07

No comments:

Post a Comment