Friday, January 11, 2008

Hoop It Up

Sparkie was so excited when we moved today and pulled into a park where she knows we come to do agility! It’s been a full month since she’s gotten to trial and was she ever ready. There was one run of Hoopers as part of the trial and then a fun run to benefit Paws for a Cause. Mike and Sparkie had taken a break from Hoopers as they were both getting very discouraged. We talked to a number of staunch NADAC supporters here who said they hate Hoopers. I think the break helped Mike and Sparkie as they made it look easy today and got a nice 1st place Q.

Hoopers is a good class for Slugger as speed kills if you’re not extremely accurate. But Slugger shocked us and ran really fast…and accurate as well. Wow, it looked like our boy from just before his most recent leg injury and subsequent surgery. I think he may be back! It was really fun to see him thinking, listening to Mike, and looking for the next obstacle. Now, that’s my boy.

I didn’t enter Wazzu in Hoopers as it tends to demotivate her and I didn’t want to do that the night before a trial weekend. So she and Boogie got to be spectators. Boogie was sure he could do it – but good thing they don’t let him as I don’t think I have the skills yet to give him early enough commands.

Sparkie was fabulous in the fun run. She had great speed, did great distance, was so accurate, and did perfect stopping contacts. Oh, and she barked the entire time! I think she had a great time. It was pretty clear that she likes agility trials much better than those boring conformation shows where she’s not even allowed on the grounds!

I don’t know that Boogie really cares one way or the other as at both places the ground had a lot of good smells. That’s Boogie, my little grounds keeper!

Debbie
1/11/08

No comments:

Post a Comment