Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Taking Air - Just Like Wazzu

Today’s excitement was a trip over to Billie’s house for some agility practice. As much as Boogie likes agility, he had to check the yard for rats first!

We let Slugger practice first. He was so excited and was doing really well. Even though we had the gate shut Boogie kept finding ways to crawl through and go “help.” Finally Boogie got himself stuck in the gate so I had to kennel him.

Mike did some exercises with Sparkie that we had been taught for Boogie. Wow, this really helped Sparkie. I’m excited to see if it carries over into a trial after just one practice.



Wazzu wanted a turn. Why, I’m not sure as all she did was saunter here and there. Needless to say, her turn was very short.

Boogie was extremely excited for his turn. He really surprised us today by taking huge air over the a-frame his first time over. I’m not sure if it shocked him at all but it sure shocked us. It is amazing to me how well he is doing with hardly any practice at all. If he had access to equipment on a regular basis I think he could be really good. I’m worried that I’m really delaying his progress and his potential. But there is no doubt that he loves it and wants to learn.

It was really fun seeing the dogs enjoy themselves so much this afternoon. Really makes we want a yard....and more dogs!

Debbie
1/9/08

No comments:

Post a Comment