Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Westward Ho

(Las Cruces, NM/Phoenix, AZ) We left Las Cruces early this morning to make our way to Phoenix. Fortunately, the trip was very uneventful and we arrived in Phoenix just as it was getting dark. The dogs were all very excited to see where we ended up - especially Boogie.

None of them were very happy at all when they realized we were going to leave them alone after a day of driving. We needed to run to the store to see if I could find some nice clothes to wear in the conformation ring.

We could only find some strip malls and the choices of stores that had clothes were few and far between. Inventory seems to be very limited as we couldn't find anything smaller than a size 10 and mostly just jeans.

As we were about to leave we spotted a Lane Bryant. It looked like they had a lot of nice clothes so we went in. I found some brown slacks that I thought might work. So I looked to see if they had my size. I found one that said 28 and I thought "cool, they have my size!" But when I looked at them I noticed there was sure a lot more material than there are on any of my pants. Huh?! I told Mike that my Levi's are a 28 but don't look nearly this big. He then broke it to me that 28 wasn't the waist size - it was the pant size! Oh my goodness...I think we're in the wrong store. I looked around and noticed that everyone else in the store was quite a bit larger than me. Needless to say, we left.

Fortunately the weather here is much warmer than in Las Cruces. I think we'll be able to make it through the night without getting too cold!

Debbie
1/2/08

No comments:

Post a Comment