Tuesday, January 15, 2008

If Only It Was As Easy As Pie

(Palm Desert, CA) Mike was eager to hike with the dogs as it’s been a while since we’ve been able to go for a nice hike. The only area that Mike could find that allowed dogs off leash was a very mountainous hike. So since I had to stay behind, Mike decided to do the dogs in shifts.

Wazzu got to be in the morning shift as she gets hot so easily and it was supposed to get to about 70 today. Boogie got to go as he has tons of energy. And Mike just can’t leave Sparkie behind so she got to go as well. That meant Slugger got to stay home and keep me company. Oh boy!

Mike was really glad he didn’t take me as it was very steep and very rocky. The dogs of course had no trouble with it at all. Mike thought it was a bit boring as there was no vegetation at all. But the dogs were running around having such a good time they didn’t really notice the lack of vegetation one bit.

After lunch it was time for Slugger to have some fun. But Mike just couldn’t bear to leave Sparkie home so she got to go along again. She thought that was a great plan! They went to the opposite side of the mountain and started from there. Even though the scenery was the same, they had a great time being out in the wilderness in a place where it was actually legal for dogs to be off leash. The dogs just had to be within 50’ of you and under voice control. I think Sparkie may have misread the sign to say 50 yards but she was in sight and definitely under voice control.

When they returned it was time to take me shopping for clothes….again. We couldn’t find anyone to show Boogie this weekend so that means it’s me again. Which means I have to have nice clothes. We spent close to five hours looking in every department in every store in the mall. But nothing fit me – everything is just too darn big. We even went to the Boys department to see if maybe a suit would fit me. Ha! I found pants that fit my waist by they only came down just below the knee…literally! And the sleeves went just past my elbows. Ones that were long enough were big enough around for a baby elephant. That plan certainly wasn’t going to work either.

Mike’s plan then was to stop at Marie Callender’s and buy a pie to fatten me up. I don’t know, most of the pants had plenty of room for both me and Boogie with room left over. I’m not sure a pie is going to do it. Oh well, I may not have any clothes but the pie sure is good!

Debbie
1/15/08

No comments:

Post a Comment