Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

(Las Cruces, NM) We are so happy to be starting the year off with sun coming in the window. While it’s still really cold outside, the solar heating we get through the window is a life saver. All four dogs were in the sunbeam the minute the sun arose – and so was I.

We also woke up to a message on our phone. Wouldn’t you know, now the guy says he can’t work on our RV on Wednesday after all. Argg. After many phone calls it was determined that he could do it very early Thursday morning…our last chance as we must leave Phoenix by 10am at the latest in order to get to Palm Springs in time. We’ll get to Palm Springs much later than we’d hoped but at least Mike won’t have to drive all night.

I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “You are what you eat.” If that’s the case then I am definitely hot chocolate. I’ve had more hot chocolate the last couple weeks than in the last couple years combined. And I even got to drink it out of a very cute little mug with a picture of a border terrier on it that looks just like my sweet Boogie. (Thanks Shari!) Too fun.

This afternoon Harriet came over to get Boogie all spiffed up so he’ll be ready for his first conformation show this weekend. Oh my gosh, he is one handsome boy! As he grows, he looks more and more like his father – which is cool because I think his father is one very handsome dog.

After getting Boogie all “purty”, Harriet then went over my handling. Oh gosh, Boogie may be a good looking dog but I’m not at all confident in my ability to show him off. I didn’t do many things right but I was so thankful to have Harriet give me some tips and guidance. Who knew there were so many little details – I just hope the judge can look past all my blunders and see my amazing little Boogie!

Then Harriet helped me with our Rally. I am SO glad she helped me with this. She gave me some really good advice about things I had no clue about! Shoot, I could have blown it just because I was doing some things wrong. One thing is really clear – I’m going to have to practice without the dog as my footwork isn’t correct.

I’ve never been one to get nervous. But I’m beginning to think that there is a first time for everything…and this just might be it for me.

When we were done with all that, Boogie got to play with his sister Mimi. I know for a fact that Boogie loves that more than anything. They chased and chased and wrestled for a couple hours. I’m sure they would have played longer if we had let them – but it was time for Boogie to come in so that Mike and I could learn how to brush him properly before going into the ring. I think we at least understand that part!

Mike then went and picked up some pizza so we could all have dinner together our last night here. We really enjoyed the nice conversation we had with them over dinner. Meg and Harriet are just so nice to us. We truly can’t thank them enough.

What a nice start to the new year!

Debbie
1/1/08

No comments:

Post a Comment