Thursday, September 21, 2006

Another Day

Gosh, it's only Day 2 and it seems like we've been here a week! Fun but very energy draining.

This morning awards were handed out for yesterday's Weavers and Tunnelers runs. I'll have to look at the results as I can't remember them all. But I do know that in Weavers Sparkie got 6th place in the 20+ division. That is so awesome in competition of this caliber. Way to go Sparkie!

Tunnelers: No ribbons for us but we're very proud of our girls. Sparkie came in 13th and Wazzu came in 20th. There were over 60 dogs in their division so that is very cool. Mom you can be very proud of how hard your Granddog Wazzu tried despite all her troubles. I know it made me cry. What a special girl she is.

I'll post all the PNW results next time I go over. I do know that the PNW did great once again.

Today we started with Weavers and Chances running simultaneously. Sparkie and Mike had a very nice run. We can't think of anyplace they could have done better. It was a great run. Wazzu had been mopey all morning but really perked up when she walked into the competition arena. She ran so fast and happy. I got fast and happy too. Too fast. Wazzu enters the poles wherever I am. I got a little ahead of her so she entered at pole number two. So I had to pull her out and start again but she decided she needed to play with me a little first. So cute - but it takes so much time! Probably cost us four or five seconds. But she got going again and was great. She had a great time!

I pulled Wazzu out of Chances as there were a lot of jumps. Mike and Sparkie had a nice Chances run. Since I didn't walk the course I'm not sure but I think they may have had one error - maybe it was a knocked bar?

I was so busy helping with ribbons and holding Sparkie so that Mike could walk Tunnelers that I forgot I needed to walk Tunnelers. So it is going to be very interesting to see how we do. It looks like a short fast course so I think I should be able to figure it out on the fly. I hope so for little Wazzu's sake.

Debbie & Wazzu

No comments:

Post a Comment