Sunday, September 24, 2006

So Close

Wazzu has surpassed all my expectations here at the Championships. I truly didn't feel Wazzu would be able to participate in anything with jumps and possibly only be able to do one or two runs in the entire Championships. Imagine going from that to not only competing in Regular but running her best ever. We did pull out of all Jumpers and Chances runs and I still think that was a good decision.

All I wanted to do in our last run was run clean. Wazzu was especially happy this morning so I thought we had a good chance at as fast time as well. We had a very nice run but we did have one knocked bar. As it turns out that one bar kept us just out of the ribbons coming in 9th place. Darn.

However, I am so proud of Wazzu. And most of all, I'm just so pleased that she was happy. She truly enjoyed the Championships and loved the atmosphere here. The support that we got from not only the PNW contingency but from so many people from around the United States and Canada was truly overwhelming. There really is no greater community than the agility community. We are so grateful for all the love and concern people showed us here. People were genuinely happy for us and for that we say a truly heartfelt "THANK YOU."

Now that I'm done running I can go shopping. The vendors here are probably licking their lips now! Although can you believe that some of the vendors have already left? What's up with that!?

Well, gotta get ready to watch Sparkie in her 2006 Championships finale.

Debbie & Wazzu

No comments:

Post a Comment