Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Moving East

We spent the whole day driving across South Dakota on I-90. This is one of my most favorite drives of all. The weather was perfect today for this most beautiful of drives. I just love all the corn fields, farms, buffalo, antelope, sheep, and of course the famous Wall Drug signs that entertain you for miles. In addition, I love the road itself – smooth, flat, straight, and hardly any traffic at all. It was just us and the beauty.

Another reason we like this stretch of drive is that we just filled up with gas. Not only is gas cheaper out here but with the totally flat roads we get much better gas mileage than when we do all those hills…..or the mountains of Colorado. I’m trying to convince Mike we should just drive back and forth across South Dakota but I guess he’s not quite as impressed as I am.

We crossed another time zone today – which makes us feel even further from you. In early evening we pulled into the KOA in Sioux Falls which is right off the freeway and in the flight path of the airport. As you can probably imagine, it wasn’t the most peaceful of nights. The campground itself is nothing special at all but they want $40 for the night! I guess they think the high noise level adds to the value! The only place we’ve been more expensive than this is Issaquah! I’m pretty sure you can still find cheap motels for less than $40 a night. Shoot I remember when Motel 6 really was $6. I’ll bet most people don’t even remember, or know, that that’s how they got their name!

But most importantly we were able to get level using our many blocks of wood. I wonder if we’ll dream of cars, trucks, and planes.

Debbie
9/26

No comments:

Post a Comment