Sunday, September 24, 2006

Coulda Shoulda Woulda

Today is the last day of the Championships. The morning is crisp and not a cloud in the sky. It looks like our last day here might be a very pretty one. Maybe now we can see what Wyoming looks like!

Well, remember late last night I told you that Wazzu was having the run of a lifetime. Well, it turns out it wasn't just in my imagination! IF you just take off our 10 faults for going off course but don't figure in the time we lost doing the off course we would have been in fourth place! And Wazzu's time was the 2nd fastest of all the dogs. I don't care about the ribbon - I just wish we hadn't had the off course so Wazzu could have gotten the recognition she so deserves for such an amazingly fast run. But when you're out of the placements no one even knows you're there. But I know. And no one can ever take away the feeling I had as Wazzu and I were flying around the course as though it were a very well choreographed dance. Big Sigh.

Interestingly enough, they are starting first with the dogs that finished last, last night. So we won't be too long now. Hopefully, we'll have a nice last run so we will end on an up note.

Poor Mike didn't finish working until about 10:45 last night. And as always, we had to be inside by 7:00. And actually, when we got in there we had already missed the briefing. Sure hope I'm guessing all the rules right!

Later,
Debbie & Wazzu - two hearts beating as one

No comments:

Post a Comment