Saturday, September 23, 2006

Sparkie the Superstar

I don't know if anyone considered Sparkie a "seeded" player or contender coming in to the Championships but she is showing that she has what it takes to compete with the big dogs.

She has placed in the last four runs I think. All I know is that after every run now, Mike comes back and tells me "Sparkie got xth place!"

I think I told you that Sparkie had an awesome Jumpers run this morning. She ended up in 7th place!! So amazing! Between 2nd place and 8th place there was only .40 seconds difference. What I found to be most amazing of all this was that a Great Dane came in second! Can you believe that! What an amazing dog!

I also told you how great a run Sparkie had in Touch N Go. She blew us away when she came in 4th! So totally cool. Each run she seems to get faster - and wants many more turns than she is getting!

Even though Wazzu & I both slowed down today we came in a very respectable 11th! Just imagine what she could do if she was healthy! What a great job she is doing.

Then came time for Regular Round 3. I only walked the course once as my legs are really bothering me...plus I am really tired. I guess laying around all year and then trying to do five long long days of agility in a row is too much. That and only five hours of sleep a night just isn't the best.

Sparkie and Mike ran first. In fact, they didn't post the running order until just as it was time to start. Turns out Sparkie was dog number five but was still in the RV. Mike had to run his legs off. He got back just in time to run....no time to stop and catch his breath. So I was really worried how they would do after having to run all the way from the RV and directly to the line. But little Sparkie was on! She ran so fast and accurately not falling for any of the traps on the course. In addition to doing the required distance they also did one of the three boxes so they got five seconds taken off their time! Sparkie and Mike are doing so great!!

Scores have now been posted and Sparkie came in SECOND!!!! Go Rescues!!! Sparkie actually had the fastest time - how about that for our little girl!!! But Lacey did three boxes thus getting 15 seconds deducted from their time so they got 1st. Good job on their part for sure!

Then it was our turn. In addition to Wazzu being tired I think she could pick up on the fact that I am beat and am having trouble running. So she started out slow - I even heard her tick the first bar! But she sped up as we got going. On the four obstacle run straight out at the end she just left me behind and did them. Sure wish she would have done that in Round 1!!! I have no idea what our time was and results aren't posted. I'm sure we are nowhere close to any kind of placement but we were clean. From the end of the run to where you could get our of the arena to get treats was almost the entire length of the arena. Wazzu wanted to run to get her treats of course. But I could barely walk. She drug me the entire way. When we got to the end Mike met us there and gave us the treats. I had to lay down to give Wazzu her treats. Oh man, we still have a day and a half to go!

I took pictures of more results but we can't use flash in that part of the building and it's pretty dark so I can't read a lot of the results. I'll do my best to report accurately but please know I could be wrong and some are missing as I just can't read them at all!

First, I think I missed reporting one yesterday. Debbie Fisher and Charley I believe got 7th in Touch N Go Round 1 8". Okay, here we go.

Regular Round 2: 20" Vet (jumping 16) 3rd place Michael Bruce & Sadie 20" 1st place Bart Pierce & Pulse, 6th place Susan Perry & Harley, 8th place Nicki Lagrou & Wendell 20+ 1st place Susan Perry & Lacey, 3rd place Michael Bruce & Jule, 7th place MIKE MASON & SPARKIE (sorry can't read any other heights)

Jumpers Round 2: 20+ 5th place Susan Perry & Lacey 7th place MIKE MASON & SPARKIE 12" 1st place Paige Pierce & Oslo 16" 6th place Paige Pierce & Dash 20" 4th place Michael Bruce & ?? 6th place Kari Hammargren & ??

Touch N Go Round 2: 12" 3rd place Paige Pierce & Oslo 16" 2nd place Lindsey Cooper & Mariah 8th place Kim Wiklof & Pinot 20" 1st place Susan Perry & Harley 2nd place Bart Pierce & Pulse 20+ 1st place Andrea Dexter & Ceilidh 4th place MIKE MASON & SPARKIE (Honorary mention: 10th place Debbie Pierce & Kobie, 11th place DEBBIE MASON & WAZZU)

Regular Round 3: 16" 5th place Lindsey Cooper & Mariah, 6th place Kim Wiklof & Pinot, 8th place Lynda King & Robby 20" 2nd place Susan Perry & Harley, 3rd place Bart Pierce & Pulse, 6th Michael Bruce & Xena 20+ 1st place Susan Perry & Lacey, 2nd place MIKE MASON & SPARKIE

Well, that's all I know for now. It's already 4:00 and we still have lots to go.

Tuckered Debbie & Wazzu, and elated Mike & Sparkie

No comments:

Post a Comment