Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Flying High

(San Diego, CA) The weather is getting nicer here each day, finally! Mike had a bunch of stuff to do today, so he only had time to walk the three big dogs.

While Mike was out doing errands, I took Boogie on a nice little hike. We had a very interesting time. First, a large red tailed hawk started circling really low over us. Boogie hates being picked up and held but when I picked him up this time, he snuggled up against me and held very still. I think we both realized that this hawk was up to no good. I carried Boogie until the hawk disappeared. Once I set him down, he was a happy little puppy once again.

We'd hiked on this trail before and he had spent his time on the trail. But today he wanted to spend all his time in the nice tall green grass. The grass was so tall that often times I could barely see him.

He'd appear here and there and often times seemed to be air scenting.



Then suddenly he'd dash off as fast as could be and would stop and stare for just a second.



Then he'd hop way up in the air before pouncing on whatever it was he thought was there.



It was so cute!! He did it over and over.



Our hour long planned hike turned out to be much longer due to all the hopping and pouncing. But I just had to let me play as he was so happy...and cute!



But that wasn't all the fun that Boogie got to have today. He got to attend an agility class. His first few turns he was so distracted that he was just running here and there. But finally his brain got in gear and he did the exercises perfectly. Just like Sparkie, he barked the entire way around the little five obstacle exercise. It's so fun to see him loving agility so much!

Debbie
2/5/08

No comments:

Post a Comment