Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sad Goodbye's

(Oceanside, CA) Slugger hadn’t gotten any individual attention for a while so Mike decided to have a father-son outing. They drove to the off-leash dog beach in Del Mar that we all went to a couple weeks ago. Slugger got to swim after his toy in the water for quite some time. According to Mike, Slugger had a great time. I’m so glad as that really is his most favorite activity of all.

While they were out, I took Boogie on another walk on the trails around the park. I enjoyed it as it was so peaceful. Boogie enjoyed the nice fresh grass.



Since I’ve been having a bad case of “busy mind” I tried really hard to concentrate on the surrounding beauty and the joy Boogie was showing as he investigated everything in sight.



Since it was so warm out, we all went to Cold Stone for a little treat which seemed like a big hit. The guy working there was really stingy with the toppings though. I had enough hot fudge to feed a gnat and Mike got very little of each of the items he added to his ice cream. We won’t be returning to that Cold Stone for sure….maybe that’s why we were the only ones in the store on a nice hot afternoon.

But the highlight of the day for me was Boogie’s last agility class. We didn’t really do anything all that difficult tonight but Boogie was really into it. He wanted every turn to be his. And when it was his turn he was FAST – and accurate! I really love seeing him so excited to do agility.

Another big success tonight was that for the first time ever, Boogie did the full size teeter! We’d been working up to it gradually while we’ve been here at class and tonight he did it like he was a pro. I truly think it is his most favorite obstacle.

We were sad to have to say goodbye to the nice friends we made while we were here. Boogie loved his agility but he also loved his new friend he made that was in both his Rally and Agility class. It was a young (maybe 15 mo old) border collie name Casey that liked Boogie in return. I really wish we could have had more time to spend together as I really like both the dog and his “parents.” What nice people!

Our agility instructor was very nice too. He really gave me a lot of good tips on my body movement that will help Boogie better. I’m not used to such a fast dog so I really have to concentrate on giving early commands and getting my body in the correct position in time. Fortunately he was very patient with me! He’d tell me to do something and I’d say okay – and then I’d do it wrong. Poor Boogie – I hope he’ll be patient with me too!

So here is a fond farewell to the nice folks and dogs that we met in our Rally and Agility classes. We wish them the very best of luck and we hope to run into them again somewhere....someday.

Debbie
2/26/08

No comments:

Post a Comment