Friday, February 22, 2008

More Grooming!

(Oceanside, CA) We again had to drive, drive, drive.

It was Boogie's last grooming appointment before his big shows. So we all hopped in the car and drove an hour and a half to the little grooming salon. Boogie was petrified and didn't want to go in at all. We carried him in and he was still trying to leave.

We had been told this would take just a few minutes so we were planning to just wait. But when we handed him over they said it would be a couple hours. You've got to be kidding me! I guess I should be used to it - this happens every time.

It was pouring and we had nothing to do. We couldn't go hiking like we did the other times as it was just raining too hard. Then we remembered that we'd seen an ad that all Marie Callender pies were $5.99. So we drove around looking for a Marie Callender's. What luck - we found one! And it was packed. There was a line of cars out the driveway waiting to get in the parking lot. I guess everyone wants a good deal on a pie.

We, of course, just did take-out so we could eat in the car with the dogs. Since it was lunchtime we bought lunch in addition to our pie. The dogs thought this was a really fun idea. Poor little Boogie...no lunch.

It still wasn't time to pick Boogie up so we found a level parking lot, parked, and just waited for them to call us to say he was done. When two hours had passed, they still hadn't called so we just went to the salon. He was done when we arrived - they just hadn't bothered to call us...like usual.

When we walked in we saw two border terriers in cages. One was a blue (I don't know why they call them that as they look black to me!) and one was a grizzle (that means tan). Boogie is grizzle.

Mike looked at me, pointing at the cage with the grizzle dog, and said "is that Boogie?" I said, "it looks like it could be." They then went to grab Boogie but they grabbed a dog out of a cage that we couldn't see. Well, I guess we still can't recognize our own dog!!

When Boogie heard our voice he started screaming. He wanted to see us so badly. I must say, I am so glad that we never have to go there again. We had our puppy back...but interestingly enough, I don't think he looks nearly as good as when our breeder grooms him. In fact, I think he looks worse than when we brought him in here originally. Even so, we've sure had to pay a pretty penny for all this grooming. I think after this experience Boogie may just become a hippy!

Now that we had our sweet Boogie back it was time for the hour and a half drive back to our RV. Fortunately we once again made the entire trip safely.

I am certainly no expert in grooming but to our eyes Boogie just doesn't look right. I'm really worried. We have seven show days out of the next 10 days and Boogie just isn't right. I'm very concerned that we have a huge disadvantage before we even step in the ring. I'm so hoping that I am wrong! Please let me be wrong.

We'll see.

Debbie
2/22/08

No comments:

Post a Comment