Sunday, February 03, 2008

..... Sunday

(San Diego, CA) I don't know about where you all were but here it was Super Soggy Sunday....in addition to being Superbowl Sunday. It poured buckets, the wind blew strong - it was just a cold nasty day. The dogs thought it was a very boring day. Because as you know, they never get to do anything...or so they tried to tell us today.

I tried to play a bunch of indoor games with them today to keep their minds busy. And I gave them each a special treat - dried beef trachea - to try and occupy them for quite a while. I thought it would take each of them about an hour to finish off their trachea but I was very mistaken. Ten minutes later and they were saying - Now what, we're bored.

I actually look forward to the Superbowl each year. I don't think I've missed one - ever! Yes, I remember them from the beginning - guess I'm showing my age! It used to be that in addition to the actual game, it was fun to watch the commercials. But I must say I was very disappointed in the commercials this year. All were very unforgettable, in my opinion.

The media is saying this was the best Superbowl ever. But I disagree. The first three quarters were actually a bit boring. No hard hits, no amazing catches, no exciting runs, no big returns, etc. The game was fun in the fact that it was close all the way to the end - from that perspective it was a good game, as many Superbowls are over by halftime. Probably the best Superbowl in the last 20 years, was the San Fransicso - Cincinnati game. It was very competitive and had all the elements of a good game...although it wasn't muddy or snowy. Bad weather games are fun! That's real football.

Oh, and for those who are wondering, if Seattle isn't in the Superbowl then I don't care who wins.

Debbie
2/3/08

No comments:

Post a Comment