Monday, March 31, 2008

Individual Time

(Cottonwood, AZ) Mike took the girls on a hike around the park and on their return they walked through the area of the campground where we like to stay. And what do you know but someone was just leaving. So Mike raced back, got the car, drove down and parked it in the empty spot. We then got the RV ready and moved down to our home on Quail Lane. What a relief!

We had no plans for today so we decided that it would be a good day for individual walks for the dogs. So Mike took off with Slugger and about 20 minutes later I took off with Boogie.



I can never figure out the trail system here so I just let Boogie choose the route and I followed him. Mike kept his phone handy as last time I set out on my own with Wazzu here in December we got lost and I had to have Mike come find us.

Boogie and I were having a great time enjoying the beauty of the area, the beautiful birds, and some really nice people we met on one of the trails. Other than the sounds of the birds and the water it is really quiet up here. I was having a great time getting to spend some alone time with Boogie.



We came upon a pile of logs which I thought would make for a nice photo opportunity. Even Boogie is getting used to the fact that when you walk with mommy you have to stop and pose for pictures!






Quite a while later as we were doing a little wading in a nice swimming hole, Slugger and Mike appeared. Boogie was so excited to them. Slugger of course loves swimming after sticks but Boogie isn't into swimming. So he'd just stand in the shallow water waiting for Slugger to get back with the stick and then he'd try and steal it.



At that point a big game of tug of war would take place.



Then Boogie would bark and bark as Mike would get ready to throw the stick in the water once again.



Trying to get Boogie to continue on our walk without Slugger was another game of tug of war. I'd pull hard on his leash to get him to come with me and he'd pull the other way as hard as he could to try and go with Slugger. This part of the walk wasn't quite as pleasant!

When I got home to look at my pictures, I found this one. I have no idea how this picture got snapped as I know I didn't take it on purpose. But as I looked at it I thought it was kind of interesting. So here it is for what it's worth....



Debbie
3/31/08

No comments:

Post a Comment